Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Korea Week 1 Recap




So I have been in Seoul for about a week.
Today Im planning to go to Japan so I decided
to look back on the things I have done.
First day in Korea- we just stayed near the airport.
On the first day in Seoul we went to Hongdae
This area is extremely hip, artsy and urban.
You can feel the youth spirit as you walk down
the crowded street.
Cafes, bars - and all the stores are extremely awesome.
Everything is very unique and cool.
We stayed out until the morning.
Loved it so much. Gonna go back next week.




The next day I met up with Hitomi & Chris.
Chris had just come off from his army duty
& took us to Insadong.
From research on the Internet I thought
Insadong was going to be some rip-off touristy area
with a bunch of foreigners in fanny packs.
But, it wasnt like that at all.
Yes, it had tourists and tons of traditional
souvenirs but once we turned the corner off the main
street it was like ... an amazingly cute paradise.
My God. Everything was so...mix matched , pretty
& t0tally adorable. It had a certain charm that
I cant explain.






On Sunday I met up with Young Il .
This is where we had our first subway experience.
Not a fan of subways. I always feel like they are
gonna crash haha.
He said he was taking us to an Electronic Store
so Lj could buy a camera.
Pretty sure that place was like 3 Bermudas. My lord.
It had like freaking tons of floors with everything you
could ever wish for.
Oh and p.s - Korean sales ppl are freaking amazing.
This young staff member convinced Lj to get a
Olympus camera instead of a pretty Sony one
after dunking it into the Staff's water dispenser and
doing the classic Peace sign required by all Asians
to perform from birth. He set the timer and
it took his photo under water. We were sold !





We did some other things that day...
Hung out with Sang Yoon...went and looked at
prostitutes just for fun...
The boys called it going on a 'Safari' haha
We had like a late midnight meal
and we went back to the hotel late.
The next day me and lj woke up at like 5 pm.
We were like Holy Crap.
We then decided to go to Itaewon.
This is truly Foreigner Central.
There were Indians, Black ppl etc - with their own
restaurants or stall. It was pretty random.
Haha. I felt very comfortable there though
because everyone was speaking English around us.
To be honest this area is known for being
kind of 'ghetto' & I didnt have the urge to take any photos.



to be continued...

3 comments:

  1. ieffinghateyou.

    HOW IN THE HELL DO YOU SLEEP UNTIL 5PM
    I'D BE EXCITED TO EXPLORE SOME MORE AND NEVER SLEEP.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lmfao at "doing the classic Peace sign required by all Asians
    to perform from birth"

    ReplyDelete