Thursday, April 2, 2009

I have arrived in Korea !




The trip to New York from Bermuda felt like
it lasted 20 mins. We must have got thrown into
the BDA Triangle Vortex and chucked out the other side.
Anyway, after that we had a 4 hour wait...
We wondered around and bought things.
Randomly a guy Lj knows was also in the waiting area
going to Korea. There was a few foreigners but
I couldnt help feeling kind of awkard...
Stepping on to the plane made me feel like I
was in a movie...There was a frikkin stair case
in the front & the under 25 yr old
Flight Attendants that looked like
they stepped out of a magazine !
It was cool. The plane was massive.
Never been on a 2 story plane before.
The flight wasnt as bad as I expected.
It lasted 14 hrs but...I didnt sleep at all.
The seats were just too uncomfortable to
be able to relax.
The 14 hours went by faster than expected because
I never once looked at a clock.
I watched movies and diff shows & there was always food
coming around.
I arrived yesterday around 5:45 pm Korea time.
Bermuda is 12 hours behind Korea.
So its 1:45 pm here and 1:45 am there.
Ate dinner with Young Il...and then went to sleep.
Surprisingly I dont have any jet lag.
I think because I didnt go to sleep on the plane
I was able to go to sleep at Korea's night time &
not Bermudas. So yay for that.
I like our hotel room. So glad we have a computer !!!





Later tonight Im gonna meet up with some friends
from High School. Yay !
I feel so weird going out alone though.
Although I can speak enough Korean to survive
Im embarassed to use it. I dont know why. Haha .
Its such little foreigners here.
We are such obvious outsiders.
Hopefully I will feel more comfortable soon.

8 comments:

  1. is it all korean and schmexxxy?

    ofcourseitis.

    ---------
    jealousy. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha its pretty cool.
    havent seen much yet
    but i will update
    once i have explored
    more.

    : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool!
    I'm glad you arrived safely & are getting settled.
    The room looks really nice!
    Be safe & have fun! Take lots of pics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks
    I will take lots but
    I forgot my cord in Bermuda
    so im gonna try to find
    something to connect it to the
    comp...

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey chada glad to hear all is well. sry i was well in my sleep when you IM'ed me.i just heard the alert and saw that it was u so i just said hi. The same thing happen to me (leaving the USB) home. Glad the flight went smoothly for you. Did you join "the club" while you was up there?

    ReplyDelete
  6. what club ??
    omg im havin so much fun

    ReplyDelete
  7. i will take that as i no. i told u that u will silly girl. no u might as well adapt to your new home.

    ReplyDelete
  8. join the club on the return flight!!!
    iloveyou

    ReplyDelete